The correct keyword placement in your blog posts can be as important as the keywords themselves. So what are the most effective ways to use keywords in your blog posts to achieve the highest search rankings possible? Here are some tips for placing your keywords and achieving higher search ranking.
- Your most important keywords should be placed is in your blog title. It’s the first thing people will see in search results. If possible, place your most important SEO keywords early-on in your blog post title. Google generally assumes the words that appear earliest are the most important. That’s why the title is the most important part of your blog post when it comes to SEO.
- Videos are working nicely! Make sure your interviews or narration use the optimal keywords. YouTube and Google index all the closed-captions. You could even upload transcriptions. So try that and embed a vid on your post!
- Search engines, especially Google, love internal and external links in the body of your blog posts so use your best keywords as text links. Link to other articles on your site or you can link to other authority sites.
- You should add images to your posts and use your best keywords as alt tags for your images. Search engines don’t see the images when scanning your site, but they do read the alt tags.
- Use the best and broadest keywords as your categories. Each one of your blog post should feature one of your best SEO keywords that fit into at least one of these categories.
- Tags are another way of saying keywords. “Blog specific” keywords should be used is in your tags for each blog post.
Finally, as important as the correct use of keywords in your blog posts are, you should write for readability. Reading the same keyword phrases over and over is not only bad writing – it’s also bad SEO strategy. Search engines deliver people who are actively searching for what you have. Unless you employ strategies like keyword placement, your site may never be found by those who need what you offer.